The San Diego Convention Center Corporation is a public benefit corporation created by the city to exclusively market, manage and operate the award-winning waterfront facility. The mission of the corporation is to generate significant economic benefits for the greater San Diego region by hosting international and national conventions and trade shows in our world-class facility.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Maximizing positive economic impact, creating region-wide jobs and expanding business opportunities for the benefit of business stakeholders and the local community;
- Generating event-driven tax revenue from out-of-town attendees to fund essential city services that enhance the quality of life for all San Diegans;
- Serving as the region’s premier gathering place and hosting important community events;
- Maintaining high ethical standards, being fiscally sound and giving back to the community;
- Leading the industry in environmental and social responsibility by operating the building in an ecologically sound manner and contributing excess food, as well as select event materials, to local non-profit and charitable organizations; and
- Providing our clients and guests with outstanding service, consistently exceeding expectations, and in a manner that secures future business and economic benefits for the destination.