Rewards and Benefits
The San Diego Convention Center Corporation is committed to providing a compensation program that is competitive and equitable. Our program supports our business strategies, corporate values and the overall financial goals of the company.
We are committed to continually monitor these benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees and their families while maintaining a competitive position in our industry. As a service-oriented company, we realize how important our employees are to our success. Therefore, we are committed to offering a benefit package that provides protection and well-being for employees and their families.
A full benefits package is available to full-time regular employees working a minimum of 40 hours per week. Employees become eligible on the first of the month following 30 days of service. Eligible dependents may also participate. These include:
- Adult children to age 26 (if the child's employer does not provide benefit coverage).
- Disabled children of any age who are (or become) physically or mentally incapable of self-support while covered by our employee benefits program.
- Domestic Partners (certain criteria must be met to qualify and an affidavit must be signed).
Open enrollment is held annually. Note, once enrolled employees may not change elections during the plan year—unless for certain changes in family status. The plan period is March 1 to February 28.
The Corporation pays 100% of the cost for Basic Life and AD&D, Dependent Life, and for Long-Term disability coverages. The Corporation also pays 75% of the cost of Medical, Dental and Eyewear benefits for the employee and eligible dependents. Other optional medical plans are available at additional employee cost in pre-tax dollars.
Summary of Benefits
Health and welfare benefits are a valuable part of our total compensation package. Benefits provide important protection today and security tomorrow. We are pleased to provide our employees with a comprehensive and flexible benefits program called Benefits by Design. The program offers employees the opportunity to tailor a benefit plan to meet individual needs.
A choice of two medical HMO plans. Other optional medical plans are available at additional employee pre-tax cost. (Payroll deductions under this program are exempt from Federal and FIC taxes).
A choice of dental plans, DMO or PPO.
Vision available through medical provider.
- Worker's Compensation (Also available to part-time personnel.)
Benefits for industrial related injuries or illness.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan (Available to qualifying part-time personnel)
Ten percent (10%) of salary is paid by the corporation after a six (6) month waiting period with graduated vesting of 20% per year, so that employee is fully vested after five (5) years of service.
- Deferred Compensation (Available to qualifying part-time personnel)
A tax sheltered annuity plan available for voluntary tax advantage savings.
- Long Term Disability
Sixty percent (60%) of base salary is protected if you become disabled. Coverage is effective on the first of the month following a 30 day waiting period. One hundred percent (100%) employer paid.
- Basic Life & ADD Insurance (Available to full time employees)
One hundred percent (100%) employer paid.
- Supplemental Life Insurance
A voluntary term life insurance program. Coverage may also be purchased on spouses and children. Coverage is effective on the 1st of the month following a 30-day waiting period. (A guaranteed universal life insurance plan is available at open enrollment time only).
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Available to full time employees)
A unique way to help you increase your net income. With this plan, you can put part of your pay into special accounts for:
- Dependent care - pay some of your dependent care expenses for child or elder care
- Medical care – expenses that are not reimbursed by your group health plan
The amount you redirect through the Flexible Spending plan options is not taxed for Federal, State or FICA (Social Security) purposes.
- Parking (Available to qualifying part-time personnel)
Employees at the Convention Center may purchase a parking permit through the Pre-tax Employee Parking Program (Payroll deductions under this program are exempt from Federal and FIC taxes). A special daily rate is also available with a valid SDCCC photo I.D.
- Other Benefits
- Annual Leave
- Bereavement leave
- Family/Medical and personal leave, paid jury duty, time off for voting, direct deposit.